Marketplace seller policy and agreement
Marketplace seller terms and conditions
* All marketplace sellers must agree to these terms and conditions in order to sell on TextbookRush.
Responsibilities of the Marketplace Seller
- Accurate listing: The Marketplace Seller agrees to accurately list
all book information and descriptions including, but not limited to, the proper categorization
of international editions, instructor editions, and annotated instructor editions
using book traits. The Marketplace Seller will make note of any differences regarding
content (including exercises and problems) when listing international, instructor’s,
or annotated editions. The Marketplace Seller also will not misrepresent different
editions, publication years, or other information with the intent of misleading
buyers to a version other than what they are searching for. Proper usage of book
traits is critical.
- Ownership of items: The Marketplace Seller warrants that the Marketplace
Seller the legal owner of all items listed in the Marketplace Seller’s inventory.
- Checking for new orders: It is the marketplace seller’s responsibility to login and verify whether or not new orders were received. Reliance solely on automated order notifications and order files does not eclipse the seller’s responsibility to login and verify the receipt of new orders.
- Order confirmation: Orders will be confirmed no later than 2 business
days (excluding holidays) from the time they are placed. Orders that are not confirmed
within this time frame are subject to cancellation at TextbookRush’s discretion.
It is the Marketplace Seller’s responsibility to log in to their account and verify
that each order has been confirmed within 2 business days regardless of the method
you use for confirming orders, or the order will be canceled. Repeated neglect regarding
order confirmation could result in account suspension until the problem is resolved.
In extreme cases, account termination could result.
- Order processing: The quick and accurate fulfillment of orders is
required within 2 business days of order confirmation. Marketplace Sellers are required
to log in to their accounts every day to check for new orders. The minimum requirement
for order processing is the fulfillment of 85% of orders placed.
- Cancellations: Orders that cannot be fulfilled must be cancelled
within 2 business days. A refund must be issued immediately to customers who have
had their orders cancelled. An excessive amount of cancellations may result in account
suspension until any issues are resolved.
- Returns: Marketplace sellers are required to accept returns within 30 days of the order date. Any buyer who returns a book due to an error on the Marketplace Seller’s part (i.e., wrong book shipped, faulty packaging resulting in damage or loss, item not as described, item shipped past deadline, etc.) shall not be charged shipping, handling, or restocking fees and will be issued a full refund. However, modest restocking fees no greater than 15% of item cost may be charged when the reason for return is no fault of the Marketplace Seller (i.e., buyer changed his or her mind, buyer ordered incorrect book, class cancellation, etc.) Marketplace Sellers may not assess additional shipping charges for the original shipment of the order. Credits are $2.99 or $5.49 of the original shipping charge. Marketplace Sellers may not impose additional shipping fees for the original shipping charge if an order is returned. Buyers must request permission to return a book within 30 calendar days from its order and the Marketplace Seller must respond within 2 business days of the request. Any fees deemed excessive by TextbookRush may be charged back to the Marketplace Seller and a refund in part or whole given to the buyer. The maximum restocking fee permitted is 15% of item cost. Since refunds cannot be given above the original purchase amount, Marketplace Sellers must provide a prepaid shipping label for returns that are the result of the Marketplace Seller error or forfeit the item. Marketplace sellers may not under any circumstances ask for or coordinate payments or credits outside of the TextbookRush Marketplace. Customer return requests are considered valid when first contact is made within 30 days of the order date.
- Return rate: The return rate is calculated by dividing the number
of returns by the total number of orders placed. Excessively high return rates could
negatively impact a Marketplace Seller’s account status. The target return rate
for all Marketplace Sellers is less than 12%. Marketplace Sellers that have a significantly
higher return rate than 12% may face account suspension or other corrective actions.
- Responsiveness to buyers and TextbookRush: The Marketplace Seller
is expected to answer all pre-purchase and post-purchase buyer inquiries in a timely
manner (within 48 business hours) and resolve all issues to the best of his or her ability.
Additionally, the Marketplace Seller agrees to answer all communication from TextbookRush
within 2 business days to remain in good standing with TextbookRush. Failure
to do so could result in account suspension or other actions.
- Communication requirements: All sellers are required to list a valid
customer service email. In addition, all sellers must include a valid phone number.
The phone number will not be shared with customers, it is for use by TextbookRush
only. All communication with buyers and TextbookRush staff is expected to be
professional and courteous. Any disrespectful remarks to customers and/or TextbookRush
staff will be taken seriously and may result in a refund/cancellation of an order,
account suspension, or other action.
- Feedback: Any manipulation of feedback is prohibited. Any replies
to comments left must be respectfully crafted in a professional tone. Any attempt
to bribe a customer to leave positive feedback will result in an immediate suspension
and possible termination of your account. Absolutely no personally identifiable
information may be posted. This includes, but is not limited to customer’s name,
address, other contact information, as well as order number or other identifying data. Violations
may result in account suspension and payments held for 120 days. TextbookRush
has the final word regarding feedback and any resulting actions.
- Drop shipping: Drop
shipping is not authorized on TextbookRush and action taken will be at the
sole discretion of TextbookRush to prevent drop shipping orders and Marketplace
Seller accounts that drop ship orders.
- Valid credit card: A valid credit card is a prerequisite for participation on the TextbookRush Marketplace. Credit cards are used to settle debts such as those resulting from refunds exceeding sales in a billing cycle. Accounts with expired or invalid cards may have one or more actions taken as described in Consequences for Non-performance.
Consequences for non-performance
Violations of the policies above may result in any or all of the following actions:
- Listing cancellation
- Temporary account suspension
- Account termination
- Limits on account privileges
- Account balance adjustment
- Loss of Marketplace Seller privileges
- Referral to law enforcement
- Withholding of pending payments until issues are resolved. Payments may be withheld for up to 120 days if your account is permanently suspended. This is to make sure all pending returns, refunds, and chargebacks are addressed before payment is issued and adjustments are made to your account.
The following items cannot be sold on TextbookRush:
- Pornography. All items of an adult-themed nature are prohibited.
- Illegal or stolen items. This includes items obtained unlawfully as well as books that violate U.S. copyright laws.
- Electronic versions of textbooks, solution manuals, PDF files, or other study aids (including, but not limited to, electronic versions listed under the paper version’s ISBN).
- Any item without an ISBN.
- Advanced reading copies or uncorrected proofs.
- Counterfeit, pirated, scanned, or knockoff versions of textbooks and other books.
- Defective and/or misprinted books
- Books that are missing pages, have torn/missing covers, or are otherwise damaged.
- Books that are water/liquid damaged.
Marketplace Seller performance
Customer service is the highest priority for TextbookRush and we expect the
same to be true for all Marketplace Sellers on our marketplace. It is the Marketplace
Seller’s responsibility to accurately identify items through book traits and clear
description, quickly and accurately confirm orders, ship items in a timely fashion
as outlined in these guidelines, and resolve customer issues in a courteous and
professional manner. Failure to adhere to the highest standards for customer service
and efficient fulfillment may lead to a Marketplace Seller’s suspension pending
the resolution of any issues.
Marketplace Seller payments
We offer several payment options for Marketplace Sellers:
- Check (by mail)
- PayPal (Deposited into any PayPal account)
- ACH (Direct Deposit available to US bank accounts)
Please be advised that sellers switching from ACH or check to PayPal may have to wait an additional 2 weeks for payment to be made.
Chargebacks and Marketplace Seller responsibility
Marketplace Sellers are responsible for all chargebacks related to non-delivery,
quality of goods, or shipment of an incorrect item. Marketplace Sellers will be
held responsible for any chargeback where the Marketplace Seller fails to respond
to any and all information requests, or if the response is insufficient to fight
the chargeback. Marketplace Sellers will be held responsible for the amount of the
order (including shipping costs), as well as all fees assessed by the bank for the
issuance of the chargeback. These fees are not assessed nor covered by TextbookRush
and are the Marketplace Seller’s responsibility. It is the Marketplace Seller’s
responsibility to ensure delivery of the item or issue a refund when one is due;
to accurately represent the item for sale; and to ensure shipment of the correct
item. If a chargeback is issued and covered by the issuer’s protection policy, you
will not be held responsible for the monetary amount. However, all chargebacks are
closely monitored. A high number of chargebacks for your Marketplace Seller account
will result in further action by TextbookRush.
- TextbookRush will make every effort to contact the Marketplace Seller prior to taking action for violations of Marketplace Seller terms and conditions.
- Customer information, including email address, may only be used in the context of fulfilling orders on TextbookRush. Use of any customer information for purposes outside of TextbookRush’s order fulfillment is strictly forbidden.
- Other violations of Marketplace Seller terms and conditions include:
- Listing inaccurate or incorrect book information using book traits or item descriptions (including ISBNs) resulting in the misrepresentation of inventory
- Failure to deliver an item for which payment was accepted
- Non-shipment of book orders within two days of processing
- Failure to respond to all customer inquiries pre- and post-order
- Non-response to TextbookRush Customer Care staff inquiries
- Unclear pricing; descriptions include instructions to contact Marketplace Seller for pricing details or to negotiate a price (even though the book does have a valid price attached to it)
- Canceling an order on TextbookRush and redirecting a customer to pay you via PayPal or any other means
- The redirection of orders in any manner, including but not limited to having a customer reship an order to another customer
- Stating that returns are permitted, and then telling customers they must wait until another buyer is found
- Not offering a refund for incorrectly described books
- Not offering a refund for orders that were shipped past the posted guidelines
- Listing stolen items
- Threatening or abusive language or attempts to intimidate TextbookRush’s staff, fellow Marketplace Sellers, or buyers
- Inclusion of personal or political commentary that may be considered defamatory in book descriptions
- Attempting to bribe a customer with benefits in exchange for positive feedback or other similar actions
- Attempting to delay or avoid customer return requests beyond 30 days to justify non-compliance of Marketplace Seller responsibilities
- TextbookRush reserves the right to make final decisions regarding disputes for all orders that occur on the marketplace.
- Attempting to defraud or mislead by masking billing location, shipping location, name, identity, or by other methods will result in account closure and forfeiture of all pending payments.
TextbookRush.com reserves the right to delay initiating a Payment Transaction transfer to a Seller’s Account (regardless of method of payment) pending an investigation if TextbookRush.com, in our sole discretion, believes the buyer or the seller may have breached this Participation Agreement. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Participation Agreement, if TextbookRush.com determines, in its sole discretion, that the seller has breached this Participation Agreement, TextbookRush.com may refuse to transfer any Payment Transactions to the seller and may instead maintain such amount in a trust account or may return such amount to the buyer. TextbookRush.com will not be liable to a seller if TextbookRush.com acts in this manner.
TextbookRush.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate this Participation Agreement, access to our Web Site or the Services, or any sales or purchases or offers for same, immediately and without notice, for any reason (including but not limited to repeat infringements). Although TextbookRush.com reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, access to our Web Site or the Services at any time for any reason, you agree that TextbookRush.com may treat you as a repeat infringer if TextbookRush.com receives more than 3 notifications of alleged legally improper behavior.