TextbookRush.com #FlauntYourHaunt Rules
THIS CONTEST IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The “#FlauntYourHaunt” Instagram photo contest (The “Contest”) Entry period begins 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("E.S.T.") on October 7, 2013 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Entry Start Date”) and ends 11:59 PM E.S.T. on November 3, 2013 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Entry End Date”). The Voting period begins 12:00 AM EST on October 7, 2013 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Voting Start Date”) and ends 11:59 PM E.S.T. on November 3, 2013 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Voting End Date”).
- Eligibility: Contest is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico, who, as of the start date have reached the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of TextbookRush.com and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.
- Entry: Beginning on the start date, entrant shall upload/post an original photo to Instagram and include in the caption “#FlauntYourHaunt” or "#TextbookRush" (“Entry”). Upon request, Entrant shall provide TextbookRush.com with the following information: name, email address, date of birth, and mailing address. If Entrant fails to provide such data during the Contest Period, they will be disqualified from prizes. The entry must comply with the specifications set forth below and any entries that fail to comply with such specifications may be disqualified. Entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. E.S.T. on the November 3, 2013. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to entries submitted, as applicable. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the contest. One entry, per entrant, per category. In the event that the same entry is received from more than one entrant, only the first entry received will be accepted. All entries become property of the sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- TextbookRush.com is on the search for how college students celebrate Halloween. Participants can enter by using #FlauntYourHaunt in the caption of an Instagram photo. Participants may enter one or all of each category: Individual Costume, Group Costume, Pumpkin Carving or Decorations. Participants may enter all categories, but are only eligible to win a prize in one category.
- The entry must be authorized. This means that entrant must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the entry. By submitting the entry, entrant represents that he/she has all rights necessary to grant to sponsor the rights set forth below.
- The entry must be the entrant's original work, and, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- The entry must not, in the sole discretion of sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene or other inappropriate content.
- Entrant represents and warrants that: (i) Entrant is the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the entry, and all rights thereto; (ii) Entrant has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the entry to sponsor upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; (iii) No part of the entry has been published; (iv) No rights in the entry have previously been granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; (v) The full use of the entry or any part thereof will not in any way violate or infringe upon any copyright (statutory or otherwise), constitute a libel or defamation of or an invasion of the rights of privacy or publicity of, or otherwise violate or infringe upon any other personal, property or other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity or subject sponsor to any costs or liability of any kind or nature whatsoever; and (vi) The sponsor was not involved in the development of the entry and the entry does not reflect the opinions of the sponsor.
- By entering into The Contest, Entrant grants sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, store, copy, modify, transmit, publish, post broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse entrant’s entry. You hereby acknowledge and agree that if your entry is selected as the winning entry, then as a condition to being awarded any prize, you will license on an exclusive basis all rights in and to the entry to sponsor. In connection with such assignment, you hereby agree to complete and execute any and all paperwork requested by sponsor to effectuate such license.
- Votes cannot be manipulted in any way. Examples of manipulation include, but are not limited to, buying votes and creating fake profiles for votes. Entries found to have false or manipulated votes will be disqualified at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Winner Selection and Voting: There will be one Grand Prize, Second Place and Third Place winner from the four individual categories, to the entries that have received the most amount of votes. You’re limited to one entry per category; one individual may only place in one category. Voting may occur by any member of the public with access to a Facebook.com account and The Contest website. Use of the Facebook.com API and user identification will allow an individual to vote only one time per day. Sponsor's appointed panel of judges will be the deciding factor in any disputes. The decision of the judges of the contest on all matters related to the contest and these official rules shall be final and binding. Our panel of judges from TextbookRush will be the deciding factor for the “#FlauntYourHaunt” contest and any and all disputes.
- Prizes: Each Category will be awarded three separate, total prizes.
Each Category, 4 Total Grand Prizes: $500.00
Each Category, 4 Total Second Place Prizes: $250.00
Each Category, 4 Total Third Place Prizes: $100.00
Bonus Prize: TextbookRush.com will award a variety of swag and/or merchandise to entrants at their sole discretion.
Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients. The prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or transfers allowed, except at the sponsor’s sole discretion. In the unlikely event that any portion of the prize is cancelled or undeliverable for any reason the winner agrees that sponsor has no further obligations to the winner other than delivery of the remainder of the prize, if any.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or any website related to the contest; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a username by an on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning usernames for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the username and email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Limitations of liability: The releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by the users of any website related to the contest or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the contest, and the releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission to any website related to the contest, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. In no event will the releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the internet site https://www.textbookrush.com or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site.
- Arbitration/choice of law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and releasees in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that state.
- Removal from future contest mailings: to have your name and email address removed from sponsor’s future contest mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link within the TextbookRush email blasts.
- The above rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Sponsor.
Sponsored by: TextbookRush.com, 802 Avondale Ave., Grandview Heights, OH 43212.