Turning off "Find My iPhone"
How to turn off “Find My iPhone” after you have shipped it to TextbookRush
The “Find My iPhone” feature is automatically activated with iOS7 for iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch. This feature automatically blocks activation by other people, and does not allow TextbookRush to find a new owner for your device. Because of this, TextbookRush will not be able to offer full trade-in value your devices with “Find My iPhone” enabled.
The good news is that it is possible to clear your device, even after you’ve mailed it to TextbookRush. Here's how:
- Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).
If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.
- Click All Devices, then select the device.
- Click Erase device, then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.
If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You’ll receive an email when the device is erased.
- When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.
All your content is erased and someone else can now activate the device.
How to turn off “Find My iPhone” before you ship it to TextbookRush
Before you selling your device to TextbookRush, make sure that you have removed all of your personal information. Follow these steps to protect your data and get your device to its factory default state:
- Back up your device.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- This will completely erase your device and turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
- If you are using iOS 7 and have Find My iPhone turned on, your Apple ID and password will be required. After you provide your password, the device will be erased and removed from your account.
- Contact your carrier for guidance on transferring service to the new owner.
Important: Do not manually delete contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photo streams, or any other iCloud data while signed in to your iCloud account, or the content will also be deleted from the iCloud servers and all of your iCloud devices.
Unlocking Your Phone
How do I unlock my AT&T iPhone?
Most AT&T customers are eligible to unlock their old phone after upgrading. Please note: This process can take up to 5 days.
For detailed questions, please contact AT&T Support.
Here's how to get started:
- Click here to go to the AT&T Device Unlock website.
- Review the requirements, then click the checkbox and "Agree" button at the bottom to confirm.
- Submit the form with the necessary information:
- Account-holder's name
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- AT&T account password
- To locate the IMEI number for your phone, dial *#06# OR go to Settings > General > About.
What happens next?
You will receive an email from AT&T with further instructions within 5 business days. You will be required to have a computer running iTunes in order to Backup and Restore your iPhone. Please make sure to complete the process to receive the full value of your device.