2020 has been a year full of challenges for many people. It’s been a year full of obstacles, adjustments and changes. Practicing social distancing is the new normal. Face masks now come in colors and patterns to match your daily attire. It’s been a year none of us expected. But, despite all that, it’s also been a year of appreciation and gratitude. It’s been a year to look at what you do have and feel blessed. Most of all, it’s been a year to recognize those who have made sacrifices for the greater good – our first responders, essential workers and medical personnel. Thank you.
2021 will roll in differently too. And with that, we’ve created a list of New Year’s resolutions in the hopes that we can help you start the different year on a positive foot. Or maybe just a fun foot!
- Give one compliment a day. You never know what someone is going through, and a compliment can go a long way!
- Do random acts of kindness – for someone you know or a stranger! It’s a great time to pay it forward.
- Read a book a month (we can easily help with that one!)
- Turn your phone off one night a week. You don’t need to lay in bed and scroll the latest social trend. Rest your mind and close your eyes.
- Step outside once a day. It’s easy to stay locked up in the house since we are all trying to stay home. Take a moment to step outside and take a breath of fresh air!
- Focus on one thing at a time. We live in a world that prioritizes multi-tasking but that isn’t always the best thing for you. Sometimes you need to just prioritize one thing.
- Start a new hobby. We’ve all spent a lot of time at home recently. Is there something new you can do to help pass the time?
- Start writing letters! What’s more exciting than receiving mail while home? Your family and friends will love it!
- Clean up and clean out. Donating clothes, coats, shoes and home goods feels good. And it could really help someone out!
- Write down one thing you’re grateful for every night. This is a great way to always remind yourself of what you have in your life. Plus it will be fun to read your list at the end of the year!
We wish you a happy and healthy 2021!