How do I sell my DVD or Blu-ray to TextbookRush?
- How do I sell my DVD or Blu-ray to TextbookRush?
- How do I search for my DVD or Blu-ray?
- What conditions are accepted for DVDs and Blu-rays?
- How do I determine the condition of my DVD or Blu-ray?
- Why was my payment less than quoted?
- What happens if you do not buy my DVD or Blu-ray?
- How does shipping work?
- What if I cannot view or print my shipping label?
- What is the advantage of using FedEx over USPS Media Mail?
- How long does the entire process take?
- Why was I issued a USPS Media Mail label instead of a FedEx label?
Selling your DVD or Blu-ray discs to TextbookRush is a great way to earn extra money.
Follow these simple steps:
- Enter the UPC or title of your disc in the
- Verify you have the correct version of your movie selected, and then click “Add to buyback cart” to accept the quote* offered.
- When you’re finished adding discs to your buyback cart click “checkout”. (If you do not already have a TextbookRush user account, you will be asked to create one before proceeding.)
- Verify your address, review our buyback policies, and tell us how you wish to be paid. Then click “submit buyback”. You will receive an email stating letting you know buyback has been submitted. Check your spam folder if you do not receive it.
- Print your pre-paid trackable shipping label and attach it to your carton. Important: If you are shipping more than one carton, please click the Additional shipping labels link for as many free shipping labels as you need.
- Please review our
for valuable information prior to shipping your discs.
*Please note that the prices offered are a quote and are subject to change if the information provided differs from what is received.
At this time TextbookRush does not purchase commercial rental copies of DVD or Blu-rays, like those from Redbox.
How do I search for my DVD or Blu-ray?
To find your item, please search by the title or UPC located on the back of the case. Make sure to select the correct condition and version of your disc to receive the correct quote.
What conditions are accepted for DVDs and Blu-rays?
A new DVD or Blu-ray is one that has never been played. It contains all of the materials it came with, including the proper case and instructions. It is possible for it to have been previously owned, but still be in new condition.
A used DVD or Blu-ray may have been played frequently. It can have minor scratches but must be playable and in 100% working condition. Used DVD or Blu-rays must contain the original case and pamphlet for the quoted price to be valid. If either or both the case and instructions are missing, the quote will be reduced by 50%. At this time, we do not purchase DVD or Blu-rays that are commercial rental copies, like those from Redbox.
How do I determine the condition of my DVD or Blu-ray?
We buy discs in new and used condition.
- Brand new - They have not been played and are still in plastic wrap.
- Used - May have been played once, twice, or several times. Used discs must be sent with the original case and pamphlet in order for the price quote to valid. We do not buy heavily scratched / damaged games or games that do not work. These items will be discarded and not returned to you. We also do not buy commercial rental copies, like those from Redbox.
Many titles have multiple versions available. Make sure to select the correct version of your movie to receive the correct quote.
Why was my payment less than quoted?
Prices are based on the condition and UPC of the product received in our warehouse. If the condition or UPC does not match the product as you entered it, your quote will be adjusted to the proper payment for the item received. Please give accurate information about your item and pack your shipment well. Please review our packaging guidelines to ensure the safe arrival of your item(s).
What happens if you do not buy my DVD or Blu-ray?
If you send an item that we cannot purchase, it will be recycled. Remember, we do not buy any disc that have severe scratches / damage, does not work or is a commercial rental copy.
How does shipping work?
TextbookRush will provide you with a prepaid shipping label that you can print out from your computer. Delivery Confirmation is included with the label,
so you can verify that the item successfully arrived at our location. The cost of this label is billed to us, so you never have to worry about it. Need more
labels? No problem, just visit
and click on the buyback in question. Then click "Add a shipping label." You can request as many free labels as you need.
- A dual FedEx/ USPS prepaid label is the carrier for your buyback. This service guarantees delivery in 3-7 business days. Drop off
packages at the nearest FedEx drop off location, United States Post Office, or arrange for a free pickup from the United States Postal
Service by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS. When dropping off your package, please select a United States Post Office, FedEx-staffed center, FedEx
Office, or FedEx Authorized ShipCenter. Do NOT use a FedEx drop box to ship your package-it will not be processed or delivered. If you call
to schedule a pickup, make sure to mention you have a "return label."
Please note that these times are estimates and we are not liable for delays that are out of our control.
What if I cannot view or print my shipping label?
Please be sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have this software you can obtain a
free copy from Adobe.
What is the advantage of using FedEx over USPS Media Mail?
FedEx guarantees delivery in 1-5 business days. Each order shipped via FedEx is automatically insured. USPS Media Mail usually takes 4-14 business days to arrive. We strongly suggest you purchase insurance when shipping your buyback to us via Media Mail; however optional insurance for Media Mail packages is not an expense TextbookRush covers. If you ship your buyback order to us using Media Mail, TextbookRush is not responsible for packages lost in transit, however, buybacks shipped through FedEx are insured for $100 per label.
How long does the entire process take?
After your buyback is received, it usually takes 1-3 business days to check-in your discs and additional 1-3 business days to issue payment. During peak buyback periods, processing may take longer. Peak periods are usually late December through January and late May through June.
Why was I issued a USPS Media Mail label instead of a FedEx label?
FedEx does not operate on holidays or weekends. Therefore, buybacks submitted during those periods may receive a Media Mail shipping label instead of a FedEx shipping label. Please note that both the FedEx and Media Mail labels are pre-paid, so the shipping charges are billed to TextbookRush.